Recently, from May 27th to May 28th, BAP Investment and Development Corporation successfully organized the charitable community program “BAP Community Program: Joyful Children at School” in Hamlet 2, Tra Vinh Commune, Nam Tra My District, Quang Nam Province.
Over the course of two days, our volunteer team, consisting of 50 members, worked diligently to enhance the learning environment and landscape of the primary and preschools in Hamlet 2. Our goal was to bring lasting value of “Happy and Healthy Going to School.”
During the program, we aimed to bring happiness to the children with the following gifts:
- Receive study supplies, warm clothes, shoes, new toys, and new clothes.
- Enjoy 100 servings of hamburgers, traditional sticky rice, and chicken.
- Get a summer haircut.
- Participate in a drama performance of the story of Tam and Cam and experience a campfire.
- Build a dream playground.
Ensuring the children’s health was equally important to us. We provided the following health-related support:
- Equipped the schools with a medicine cabinet.
- Taught children personal hygiene practices (brushing teeth, washing hands, picking up trash) to protect themselves from bacteria and preserve the environment.
- Installed 5 streetlamp poles and 2 sets of lights in the school premises to enhance visibility and safety.
- Constructed a drilled well at Trà Vinh Ethnic Minority Boarding Elementary and Middle School, benefiting over 400 students and teachers currently studying there.
Mr. Ho Van Guong, Secretary of the Youth Union of Tra Vinh Commune, expressed his gratitude to the “BAP Community Program – Accompanying Me to School” team for their support and companionship. He highlighted the crucial need for electricity and clean water at schools, emphasizing that relying on spring water during dry seasons caused water shortages, while stagnant and turbid water during the rainy season posed health risks for the children. The contribution of the BAP team was greatly appreciated by the school and community.
In addition to benefiting young children, our volunteer team conducted parallel community activities to support local residents. We provided the following assistance:
- Presented 140 gifts to the people, including rice, instant noodles, seasonings, and clothes.
- Provided 160 Muscovy ducklings to 40 households.
Although these gifts may not hold significant material value, our volunteer team at BAP hopes that the support provided through this year’s community program serves as motivation and a meaningful gift for the people to work with peace of mind. Furthermore, we aim to create a complete and comfortable learning environment for the children on their journey of acquiring knowledge.